Wednesday, August 19, 2009

time to catch up!

Well, school started today, and with Dave in first grade now, I suddenly have all day again! So here I am, woefully behind in my blog, but ready to begin catching up! Danny will start preschool twice a week in September, and then I'll even have some alone time! It sounds great now, we'll see how it actually goes...

So, where did I leave off? Oh yes, May, when school got out for the summer.

I'll put each month in a separate post, so I'll start with the end of May, and June.



Father and Sons camping with church. As soon as they arrived Davey jumped out and helped Eric set up the tent. Clay jumped out and built this shelter for Flat Clay, a paper doll of himself.
We lucked out finding a little hatch of preying mantis. They were so tiny and cute.
Polly and I went for her birthday kayak, didn't take a picture till we got home.

Our friends the Ericksons invited us to go catch fleas with them and we jumped at the chance, I mean, it's not everyday you get to collect fleas. He works in Eric's department and studies the Plague, so fleas are important. You breath on a piece of fabric and shove it down a gopher hole. The fleas like CO2 and furry things, so they jump on. Then you pull out the cloth and tweeze the fleas.
Danny reeled in his first fish!
Davey earned enough Wilson Bucks to buy a Mystery Adventure Date. I took him to dinner at IHOP, an IMAX show, and to the children's gardens at Thanksgiving Point. We had a pretty darn good time!

There was a run on white bass. The kids went a few times, it was great because they could cast and reel in a fish all on their own.

I got up early one morning and went to Springville to check out the hot air balloons, part of their city celebration. It was a lot of fun, I think I'll try to get the kids up next year. As the balloons rose up the riders would dump candy out, so everyone was frantically racing between balloons, trying to be there right when they took off, then on to the next one. Beautiful morning.

Busy bees. This one is on a blackberry blossom. We are harvesting a lot of honey this year...good work bees!
Clay loves to hike. He got up at 6am to come on this one with me.

Back to those white bass. This time we also had the good luck to find this raccoon carcass. Few things excite my boys like a good carcass.

No comments: