This is the Deer Creek Guard Station on the Grey's River in Wyoming. We rented it last week. The Grey's River runs parallel to Star Valley. It was a beautiful area.
Danny caught this nice little fish in Murphy Lake, then cooked it on the fire in his own little mess kit pan and ate it up.
Dave caught this cutthroat after trying 8 different flies on it! The one that got it was a zug bug that he'd tied himself (and that his father scoffed at).
What a gorgeous spot for a bit of reading, eh? Clay, Dan and I hung out here swimming and playing in the water while Dave and Eric were off being serious fishermen.
Here is Dave catching a mountain whitefish (his 9th species he has caught on a fly rod). Also on the zug bug, by the way.
One of Clay's favorite things to do was raft down the river. He just loves being on a boat in the water. Here he is coming down the river in a little boat.
I got in some fly fishing practice at Stump Lake, a nice little lake we hiked to.
Eric took a turn coming down the river with each boy, they all loved it!
Dave caught this trophy cutthroat. It was huge.
We explored a beaver dam.
Dave gave me some pointers and eagerly helped me as I tried to get a fish as cool as his.
But I just ended up with this cutthroat, which I would have been quite proud of if it wasn't dwarfed by Dave's.
Clay was very happy to pull in a tiny Brookie.
Here's our fish side by side. Seriously, mine is not a small fish, Dave's is just behemoth!
At the cabin the kids had fun trying to chop wood. Here is Danny doing his best on a log.


No comments:
Post a Comment