Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Taiwan Art and Museums




Optical Illusion

 We visited a Balloon Museum/Factory. This is a sign about how they get rubber for balloons.

 Here is a bunch of art we wandered around and looked at. Honestly, it has been too long and I have no idea where we were at! But it was cool. Well, it was hot of course, but the art was cool!






 Every inch is often decorated, even ceilings
 The intricacies of the decoration are unreal!



These little lion guys have a ball in their mouth that is free to roll around. Dan and I were quite intrigued and enjoyed rolling it around until we were quietly told that by so doing we were bring bad luck to the whole temple...Oops! 

These next 7 pictures are from the personal collection of a guy who came from this little town and then went to the city and made his fortune. He set up this museum in his hometown to help the people there remember their heritage. It had some really cool stuff in it. I don't remember a lot of the significance of individual pieces though.

This chariot looked ancient, the ship behind is all carved from stone, and the vase on the right is so big!





I think this was all carved from one stone as well?


 Cool Statue fountain welcoming us to the aquarium




 Penguins!


We cooled off playing in the water fountain. These three guys made sure any of us that tried to just innocently wade were quickly and thoroughly soaked (fully clothed)! It was so hot though, I can't say I minded much!

 Before the Chinese or Japanese peoples came to Taiwan there were many indigenous tribes. We went to this place that teaches about those cultures.

 These are the tour busses that transport you around the park.

 Dan found the doorways to the little houses to be just the right size!






 This little guy came out after the cultural dance/music show and offered everyone free alcohol samples. He didn't like to get no for an answer! :)


No comments: