Monday, July 20, 2015

Dan eating Taiwan Food

*NOTE TO VIEWERS: I will be attempting to post pictures from our month in Taiwan as I get them sorted. There will be many posts, so feel free to enjoy or ignore as you wish! I will not be offended if you don't pore over all of my photos, this exercise is largely for Dan and I's own memory support!


Just when we thought we couldn't take the heat anymore, we'd get some shaved ice (bing in Chinese) and be okay again! We love bing!! For this bing, we could choose 5 fruits and it had some kind of flavor squirted on.


 Every afternoon when we came home from a long hot day our host mom would bring us a cool drink. This is watermelon blended up. Other drinks we got were goats milk, soy milk, rice milk, duo duo (a probiotic drink), etc. Best host mom ever!


 Fried rice!


 Hawaiian pizza from Costco, super good ham!


 Breakfast


 Beef Noodles


 Ice cream sandwich 


 Lychee


 Free sample at traditional market


 Passion Fruit...


 ...is a little sour but yummy!


 kiwi in the half shell


 eel noodles (bone-in, of course)


 steamed bun


 a break from Taiwan food, chicken tenders from TGI Friday


 popcorn snack while waiting for hotpot


 Mango bing, quite possibly the best thing on earth! This is mango juice frozen then shaved with cut up fresh mango and pickled mango (the green) and mango ice cream on top. Yeah.


 More yummy noodles


Pineapple bing

No comments: